Bird-Friendly Glass Solutions: Understanding the Fundamentals of Safe Design
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 | 3pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Architecture tells us a great deal about society. In fact, glass and glazing are used to blur the lines between inside and out, helping elevate performance and the experiences of people. Yet while humans can use environmental cues to identify glass as a barrier, there is growing realization that birds cannot. The solution is bird-friendly glass that delivers on performance, energy efficiency, and the needs of people. This course is intended to provide the basis for a better understanding of how to recognize issues affecting the bird population while learning about best practices and design fundamentals for smarter, safer buildings.
- Recognize the basic behavioral patterns of birds
- Identify the four most common reasons that bird building collisions occur
- Investigate the different types of product testing
- Assess some available and emerging glazing solutions
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with Guardian. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Guardian.