Building Enclosure Fundamentals and New Technologies
Explore proper building enclosure and emerging programs and technologies.
Now, more than ever, architects must be keenly aware of building enclosure demands and design considerations. How can you feel competent—and confident—in your practice's approach?
This course will provide a toolkit of guidelines for assemblies, details, components, and materials important in designing high-performance building enclosures. Join us to:
- Review a checklist for proper building enclosure in durable and energy-efficient projects
- Learn about the key decision-making points within the design process
- Explore emerging programs and technologies in creating and evaluating building enclosures
You'll leave with the resources and understanding to better integrate technologies into quality control.
- Understand the key points within the design process where specific decisions should be made regarding the building envelope and how those decisions effect the performance of the building overall.
- Identify the key components of a properly designed typical wall assembly. Participants will also be made aware of typical points of failure that occur in a variety of wall systems.
- Learn about new technologies that can be integrated into any architectural practice in order to better evaluate the design of building envelope and enclosures. These software tools will address important issues such as regional climate, solar orientation, and performance testing.
- Describe the "best strategies" to implement and integrate new technologies into a firms quality control programs.
This course is part of a series
RA, LEED® AP
Building Enclosure Consultant, The Facade GroupJillian Burgess is a Building Enclosure Consultant with The Facade Group in Philadelphia. Jill...
AIA, LEED BD+C
South Eastern Design Realisation Leader, GenslerPamela Sams, AIA, is a Design Realization Leader at the Washington DC office of Gensler and the...
AIA, CSI/CDT, SCIP
Principal AEC Consultant, Wauters Design Group, LLCDrake is a design-oriented senior technical architect and specifier from Washington, DC. He most...