Building a Respectful and Harassment‐Free Workplace Culture
Learn the nuts and bolts of workplace harassment, how to address it, and the best practices, strategies, and solutions for how to initiate and sustain a workplace culture transformation.
In light of numerous revelations of sexual misconduct that have been revealed by high profile executives from major media outlets, Hollywood, corporate America, the White House, and the Federal Government, it is clear that organizations cannot sit idly by in hopes that the news cycle will change the conversation. The reality is that these revelations are not new issues in the workplace. They have existed for decades, but far too many victims have felt silenced, fearful, powerless, misunderstood, and alone, and therefore lacked the courage to speak up. These attributes are directly correlated to a toxic workplace culture.
In this session, Dr. Shirley Davis will guide participants through a discussion on this important topic that has now evolved into a powerful movement. She will share personal stories, lessons learned, best practices and strategies for how to influence and initiate a workplace culture transformation---one that will empower more victims to speak up, leaders to stand up, and organizations to ramp up their policies, practices, and processes.
This AIA Members Only course is offered in short, self-paced modules for easy access and enhanced retention. Successful completion will enable participants to learn the nuts and bolts of workplace harassment, how to address it, and the best practices, strategies, and solutions for how to initiate and sustain a workplace culture transformation.
- Assess your knowledge of what is harassment.
- Explain the statutory regulations and legal background of harassment.
- Define the forms of harassment and what constitutes harassing behaviors.
- Identify the effects that harassment has inside the workplace.
- Discuss your leadership role in preventing harassment/ discrimination in the workplace.
- Review workplace scenarios and the appropriate actions.
- Identify strategies for initiating a culture transformation that results in a more inclusive, welcoming, and respectful workplace.
CSP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Global Workforce Expert, Certified Coach, Business Strategist, Master of ReinventionDr. Shirley Davis, CSP, is an accomplished corporate executive, global workforce management expert...
Contents: Video, activities, quiz, evaluation
Passing Score: 80% on quiz