Case Study: The Net Positive Proud Green Home at Serenbe
Learn how effective best practices in energy efficiency are more affordable than you may think through the real world example of the design and results of The Proud Green Home.
The owners of the Proud Green Home will never pay an electricity bill as long as they live there. This incredible dwelling has a HERS index indicating 110% more energy efficiency than its code-built equivalent—in fact, it produces more energy than it consumes.
In this dynamic course, you'll discover exactly how the Proud Green Home accomplishes this amazing feat. Find out:
• How the design of this home differs from its code-built equivalent
• How much alternative energy was required
• The total construction costs and ROI
• What this home can teach us about the future of housing
As you'll see, the most effective best practices in energy efficiency aren't as expensive as you may think.
• Identify best practices in design and construction needed to design a high performance, durable home.
• Educate homeowner clients on some of the most and least effective strategies to making a home net-zero or net-positive energy.
• Think in an innovative way about the design and construction of a home to make it perform beyond the code, and possibly achieve net-zero or net-positive.
• Spot true performance vs. green washing performance.
GC, MBA, HERS, BA BPI, EarthCraft TA, LEED Green Rater
Owner, Imery GroupLuis Imery, owner of Imery Group, graduated as a Civil Engineer in 1996, and since then has worked...
Principal, LG Squared ARCHI+TECHSChris is an Atlanta-based architect, builder, HVAC designer, and building enclosure consultant with...
FAIA, LEED Fellow
CEO, International Living Future Institute/Living Building ChallengeAmanda Sturgeon, FAIA is CEO of the International Living Future Institute, home of the Living...
Research Engineer, Southface Energy InstituteMarshall Sweet is a research engineer at Southface Energy Institute who conducts research for the...
Contents: Video, quiz, evaluation
Expiration: One year after purchase
Passing Score: 80% on quiz