Codes, Standards, Guidelines, and Authorities for the Healthcare Facilities
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 | 3pm EDT
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email containing access information.
Today, perhaps more than ever, widespread access to healthcare standards and relevant knowledge bases holds critical importance for healthcare organizations and relevant decision-makers. As the global pandemic unfolds, the healthcare industry is facing unique challenges in meeting quality and safety standards in an environment with elevated operational risks and expectations to perform at a higher level. On the other hand, the complexity of the relevant rules and the regulatory environment necessitates greater collaboration among the industry stakeholders in architectural design, engineering, facility management, and healthcare services in rethinking how to better align often-times conflicting priorities. This live session aims to provide a general overview of the relevant regulatory framework for healthcare facilities.
- Know the federal, state, and local authorities that oversee the design of healthcare facilities.
- Understand the correlating healthcare facility classifications by different authorities.
- Understand the laws, codes, standards, and guidelines that apply to various healthcare facility types.
- Understand the certifications and inspections related to healthcare facilities.
- Understand specific building permit requirements related to healthcare facilities.
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with MADCAD. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with MADCAD.