Collecting Rainwater: Integrated System Design For All Buildings
Learn how you can account for rainwater collection in your projects while also meeting stormwater regulations in this course.
Rainwater collection is among the water-conservation strategies that are integral to sustainable design. Forward-thinking professionals are collecting and using rainwater effectively inside large- and small-scale nonresidential buildings. They’re also developing rainwater collection systems for building use and in irrigation systems.
How can you account for rainwater collection in your projects while also meeting stormwater regulations?
In this course, pick up practical guidelines for developing an integrative rainwater harvesting strategy that addresses:
• Climate change
• Local, state, and federal public policies
• Environmental impacts
• New codes
• End uses
Our panelists will share global case studies about incorporating rainwater systems to conserve water, address disaster planning, and enhance their green toolkit.
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
• Define the five elements that comprise an integrated rainwater harvesting system.
• Discuss opportunities to use rainwater harvesting as a BMP for storm- water management that meet Federal National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements.
• Calculate a conceptual rainwater system - supply, demand and end use.
• Describe current codes and rainwater collection policies with policy makers to influence them to allow the use of rainwater in American cities and for disaster planning.
FAIA, LEED AP
Principal, Celeste Allen Novak ArchitectCeleste Allen Novak FAIA, LEED AP, principal of Celeste Allen Novak Architect is a nationally...
FAIA, LEED AP BD+C
Vice President, SmithGroupJJRGreg Mella is a Vice President and Co-Director of Sustainable Design at SmithGroupJJR. He was the...
MLA, ARCSA AP
BRAE/WATTS Rainwater TechnologiesNational Sales Manager, Watts Water TechnologiesEddie Van Giesen, MLA ARCSA AP, is the National Sales Manager and Public Policy Director at BRAE, a...