Creating Healthy Environments with Advanced Paint Technology
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 | 3pm ET | Add to calendar >
- Registration | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | From the My AIAU dropdown menu, select My courses, then select the session from your courses list.
- You must attend live to earn LUs for this course.
As indoor air quality continues to grow in importance for building owners and occupants around the world, architects and designers are discovering ways to design healthier indoor environments and promote environmentally friendly, sustainable living without sacrificing aesthetics. This course provides an overview of sustainable design and the creation of healthier environments with architectural paints. Included are discussions about the components of paint; VOCs; independent testing methods and standards; categories of LEED; and the specification of paint systems.
- Discuss sustainability and its impact on socially responsible green design
- Explain what a volatile organic compound is and what the growing concerns are
- Discuss the evolution of advanced technology in paint and coatings
- Describe various industry testing methods and standards
- Identify the factors for specifying a paint system
- Review trends in sustainable design and paint technology
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Benjamin Moore. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Benjamin Moore.