Creating Spaces Of Distinction With Custom Fireplaces & Fire Features
Thursday, October 28, 2021 | 3-4:00pm EDT
To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
This course delves further into the gas fireplace category and informs designers on how and when to use custom gas fireplaces and fire features in residential and commercial programs. Learners will discover the unique set of aesthetic, performance, and technological advancements available in tailor-made fireplaces, including those that lend themselves to health, safety, wellness, and overall client satisfaction.
- Understand the differences between a made-to-order or custom gas fireplace and pre-fabricated or “off-the rack” fireplace models.
- Know the difference between a gas fireplaces and fire features and identify which client and program types warrant which kinds.
- Understand how custom gas fireplaces offer upgrades to the built environment and support best indoor air quality practices, enhance wellness and mood, and provide safety technologies for end-users and occupants.
- Review core features and technologies available on custom gas fireplace and fire features, including unusual sizes and shapes, fogged privacy glass, custom shaped burners, personalized interior panels, LED accent lighting, uniquely shaped glass, voice activation technology, cantilevered installations, and open-hearth (no-glass) technology.
- Learn the steps in creating a custom fireplace or fire feature, including pre-design, creation of custom CAD drawings and elevations, specification writing, and install requirements.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Hearth & Home Technologies. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Hearth & Home Technologies.