Critical Care Design: The History and Future
Panel discussion led by Frank Zilm on the history and future of critical care unit design. Panelists include distinguished healthcare design professionals and professors as well as notable, credentialed Nightingale Professor of Nursing.
- Understand the medical evolution of critical care and the implication on patient and staff space needs.
- Knowledge of historical initiatives to design hospital critical care units.
- Familiarity with current issues affecting ICU design.
- Ability to identify future needs and concepts that will affect design for critical care.
- Understanding the research influencing ICU design.
Recorded Dcember 14, 2021
University of Kansas Institute for Health and Wellness Design
RN, PhD, FAAN
Nightingale Professor in Honor of Nursing VeteransDirector Emeritas, Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing Director, RWJF...
PhD, FAIA, FACHA, FCCM, EDAC
Beale Professor of Health Facility Design, Texas A&M University
Founding Co-Editor, Health Environments Research & DesignKirk Hamilton is a Professor of Architecture at Texas A&M University where he teaches...
PhD, M. Arch
Author, Rise of the Modern Hospital