Desert Architecture and Inspiration: The Tectonics of Water Consciousness
This course focuses on three projects that harvested and utilized rainwater to achieve net-zero potable water use.
Water is precious in the Southwest. Throughout the region, past civilizations manipulated water sources to sustain life. Building for desert-based clients, we have repeatedly found inspiration and tectonic guidance in the celebration of water.
In this course, we’ll share a history of water consciousness in the architecture of Jones Studio. We’ll then focus on three projects that utilized rainwater to achieve net-zero potable water use.
Join us to learn:
• How water harvesting technologies can be seamlessly integrated into architecture
• How these pragmatic strategies transform buildings at a conceptual level
• How to communicate the importance and benefits of investing and installing water harvesting systems
The learner will be able to:
- Understand that water harvesting can be integrated seamlessly into architecture.
- Describe the different water harvesting technologies available.
- Perform the basic calculations required to properly size a rainwater harvesting tank to offset potable water use in a desert landscape.
- Communicate to a client the importance and benefits of investing and installing water harvesting systems.
Contents Video, quiz, evaluation
Expiration One year after purchase
Passing Score 80% on quiz