Economic Transitions: Building Economic Resilience in Small Communities
Join small and mid-sized community leaders who will discuss how they built economic resilience by mobilizing citizens. Featured speakers, Nathan West, City Manager of Port Angeles, Washington, and Lenise Peterman, Mayor of Helper, Utah, will share their experiences and the tools they used to transition their community.
Hosted by AIA Center for Communities by Design.
- Identify key challenges facing small, rural jurisdictions as traditional economic drivers become obsolete and force new thinking about the future
- Apply community engagement and mobilization strategies—both tangible and intangible—that can be applied to transition efforts successfully in small jurisdictions
- Explore how lessons learned can inform application of principles to small towns
- Identify different tools to build and maintain momentum for economic transitions
To learn more about the communities in this session, visit the Communities By Design YouTube channel:
- Community Revitalization on the Waterfront: Port Angeles, Washington >
- From Coal to Canvas: Helper, UT >
Recorded live on May 19, 2022.