Expand Your Design Palette With Digital Media Technologies
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 3pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
- You must attend live to earn LUs for this course.
Interior and exterior spaces are increasingly ripe for use as engaging digital media canvases, whether you’re designing a commercial or retail space, transit or aviation hub, entertainment facility or attraction, or a mixed-use location. Such digital displays allow architects to design with technology that fits within the defined aesthetic and property owner objectives whether for commerce, the arts, information sharing or a combination. But what technologies are there, and which ones are right for your specific project? Whether flexible LED, architectural-grade media glass or thin cabinetry design, this session will provide the roadmap for the selection and integration of the right technology application for your specific design. Referencing real-life case studies, the speakers will explain why certain products were selected for high-profile digital deployments including an all-encompassing LED tunnel, a redesigned retail banking environment, a historic New York transit hub renovation, and the custom solutions for a multi-use commercial venue.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with ANC. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with ANC.
- Review the latest digital media technologies, common applications and their specifications
- Learn which types of technologies are best for different environments and project goals
- Understand critical infrastructure requirements and other deployment considerations
- Explain best practices and the importance of early planning when incorporating digital media canvases into designs