Exterior Cladding Innovation: Rainscreen Design with Ultracompact Surfacing
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 | 3pm EDT
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Modern construction has come to understand that a façade, as part of an overall building envelope, is not only a visual statement, but also an important influencer in the protection of a wall’s structural components, the energy efficiency of the building, and the health of its occupants. This course explores a unique surfacing material known as ultracompact surfacing (UCS) and evaluates its mechanical properties, technical characteristics, and aesthetics to illustrate its endless design potential in exterior cladding, façade, and rainscreen applications.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Cosentino. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Cosentino.
- Define ultracompact surfacing and discuss the innovative production process that creates stone-like properties which contribute to project longevity and lower maintenance
- Discuss designing with ultracompact surfaces in terms of color, texture, format, general design flexibility, and various applications for both interior and exterior
- Identify the traits and advantages of ultracompact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, UV resistance, absorption rates, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing, and
- Discuss proper rainscreen design and installation using ultracompact surfacing material.