Fearless Resilience: Gaining Confidence in the Resilient Project Process
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 | 3pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Join us to learn about key new resilience resources: the AIA Resilient Project Process Guide, the ROI: Codes, standards and reporting supporting resilient design, and the ROI: The economic case for resilient design. Complementing each other, these resources highlight the attributes of resilient and climate-adaptive design, while envisioning how to convey the importance and thus achieve climate-adaptive outcomes across the different phases of design. In this interactive session, you'll select questions related to current projects, discuss how you've used similar questions in the past or how you might use them in the future, and share experiences in resilient project design processes.
- Learn about the role of architects in designing for climate change and providing health, safety, and welfare in a rapidly changing environment
- Discover the fundamentals of resilient and climate-adaptive design and apply these concepts to a current project
- Explore the underlying stresses that may exacerbate the impact from sudden shocks, such as severe weather or geophysical events
- Examine questions focused on hazard, climate, vulnerability, risk, and consequence
- Understand how to use key talking points to clients to convey the importance of the role of the architect in implementing resilient design outcomes
Principal | unabridged Architecture PLLCAllison Anderson is recognized for civic projects which are carefully crafted and inherently...
Vice President of Urban Resilience | Urban Land InstituteAs Vice President of Urban Resilience, Lindsay Brugger leads the Urban Land Institute’s Urban...
Sustainable Building Advisor | Perkins+WillMegan is recognized for urban planning, civic, and education projects which are adaptable to...