Future Prooﬁng the Destination
Wednesday, February 8, 2023 | 2pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
In a time of seemingly constant change, how can we as design professionals plan for the future eﬀectively? Future Prooﬁng is an approach that ﬂows through every aspect of the project to organize all elements of the experience will a focus on human connection.
We will start a conversation around the advantages of investing less in ﬁxed assets, instead putting the emphasis on programmable space that can host a range of uses from workplace to retail, edutainment to events, and gatherings of all types with equal ease.
In this discussion we will explore ways to listen, and learn from trends and culture, with an eye toward adaptability for everything from master plan to retail footprints, from touchpoints to memorable moments.
We will consider new ways to problem solve the creation of noteworthy destinations that connect emotionally with the community we want to engage. Hosted by the Retail and Entertainment Knowledge Community (REKC).
- Recognize how cultural shifts in how we live, work, and play affect the design community
- Discover how to foster a sense of community by creating destinations
- Identify simple and effective ways to implement memorable touchpoints
- Apply the principles of future proofing to upcoming projects