Glazing for Schools: Determining the Right Solution for Your K–12 or Higher Education Project
Wednesday, August 25, 2021 | 3pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Architects balance a wide variety of needs when designing a school. Educational facilities must promote learning and teaching, while also fostering holistic student wellbeing, enhancing comfort in any climate, addressing safety concerns, and incorporating appealing aesthetics. When selected intentionally, glass can enhance a school’s functionality, user experience, and energy efficiency. This course from Guardian Glass demonstrates the numerous ways glass can add value to school building projects and shares design guidance to ensure a successful specification and result.
- Recognize the unique design needs of education facilities
- Discuss the glass attributes that add value to education facilities
- Identify cost-saving measures in the glass supply chain
- Specify a glazing unit to meet the specific needs of an education project
- Understand low-E glass selection for optimal performance and comfort
- Know the fabricated glass types and how they meet project goals for safety, acoustics and aesthetics
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with Guardian Industries. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Guardian Industries.