Health, Well-being, and Productivity Improvements in Green Buildings: WorldGBC Report
In this course, explore findings of the latest WorldGBC report to gain a meaningful appreciation of the link between smart design and business health.
We all know green is good, but how do we quantify its impact with real metrics?
The WorldGBC report, "The Business Case for Green Buildings," summarizes the research into the health, wellbeing, and productivity benefits of green buildings. Further work was needed to build a strong evidence base and present academic research for more-informed business decision-making.
A new project was launched that focused on existing and new office buildings, with these key goals in mind:
1. Provide guidance and best practices on features that enhance health, wellbeing, and productivity.
2. Propose metrics for measuring health, wellbeing, and productivity in offices.
3. Scope the development of an online global resource hub for environment professionals.
In this course, we'll explore the findings of this report to illuminate the link between smart design and business health.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
• Identify building features that enhance health, wellbeing and productivity.
• Have a working knowledge of existing research into common metrics for measuring health, wellbeing and productivity in offices.
• Understand the global resources that facilitate design of buildings which create healthy productive workplaces.
• Act on the opportunities using metric and certification programs such as the Well Building Design Guide from the Well Building Institute.
FAIA, LEED Fellow
Principal - Design, Preservation and Sustainability, Goody ClancyJean Carroon FAIA LEED Fellow is a Principal with Goody Clancy, a Boston-based architecture,...
PhD LEED AP
Executive Director of Research and Innovation, DelosAt Delos, Dr. Whitney Austin Gray is responsible for the oversight of health research and the...
AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Chief Sustainability Officer, Skanska USAAs Chief Sustainability Officer, Elizabeth (Beth) Heider, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, translates Skanska’s...