How to Specify Seamless Acoustical Ceilings
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 | 12pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
In the past, when architects designed ceilings, they have contended with the fact that they can achieve either a smooth, monolithic drywall aesthetic or excellent acoustics, but not both. One solution has been acoustical plaster systems, which have excellent acoustics and beautiful aesthetics, but they are expensive. Now a new acoustical drywall alternative offers a solution for spaces that require acoustics and need a drywall look at a lower cost. This course offers a look at the evolution of seamless acoustic and drywall ceiling solutions and provides concrete information on how this new technology benefits the occupant’s well-being.
- Discuss the challenges for architects to strike a balance between aesthetics, cost, and acoustic performance for the well-being of the occupant
- Understand the evolution and current options for smooth ceilings that improve acoustic performance
- Compare performance, cost, and installation methods of seamless acoustical ceilings to ensure a healthy environment for occupants
- Describe common misperceptions associated with seamless acoustical ceiling products
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with Armstrong. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Armstrong.