Live Tour: The Arroyo
Join us for a deep dive into the Arroyo, a complex and interesting affordable housing project in downtown Santa Monica.
When: Thursday, November 12, 3pm EST
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from AIAU Live Events. On the day of the event, you can access the tour from the confirmation email or by signing into AIAU, and selecting the session from your My Courses list.
Designed by Koning Eizenberg Architecture, The Arroyo is a 64-unit, 100% affordable inclusionary housing in downtown Santa Monica. Its design is organized around a “sticky space” concept of connecting home to street—a big backyard to support young families, including a basketball half-court and picnic area with covered activity space. It’s also LEED Platinum certified, using a combination of passive and active systems to address energy, water, and wellness. Discover The Arroyo with Nathan Bishop, AIA, principal, Koning Eizenberg Architecture.
- Offer insight into the funding and regulatory framework for inclusionary housing in the City.
- Offer a case study outlining sticky space design principles that support community both within the project and within the neighborhood at large.
- Demonstrate how the project can achieve LEED Platinum.
- Provide insight into how the project achieves added value through design.
In partnership with