Live Tour: Conjunctive Points - The New City
Discover Conjunctive Points—The New City, winner of the AIA Twenty-five Year Award 2020, with architect Eric Owen Moss, FAIA.
When: Tuesday, November 10, 5pm EST
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from AIAU Live Events. On the day of the event, you can access the tour from the confirmation email or by signing into AIAU, and selecting the session from your My Courses list.
Initiated in 1986 on the Hayden Tract, a former industrial site bounding Central Los Angeles and Culver City, Conjunctive Points—The New City began as simple additions and subtractions to an existing collection of warehouses. Ultimately, the project set contemporary standards for adaptive reuse, launched the concept of creative office space, and positioned architecture as a method to uncover new social and civic opportunities. It also highlights a decades-long urban reimagining project in Culver City and central Los Angeles and a new model for revitalization.
- Learn how the project set a new standard for existing building modification and re-use.
- Discover how architecture can provide a model for the re-invigoration of former industrial areas within our cites.
- Learn long-range master plans can provide flexibility to evolve over time to accommodate and stimulate urban redevelopment.
- Uncover the role of research and development of various building technologies within the design process.
- Learn how social and environmental goals and conceptual design exploration reinforce one another.
Los Angeles Architecture Tours >
In partnership with
Eric Owen Moss
Founder | Eric Owen Moss ArchitectsEric Owen Moss was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He received a Bachelor of Arts from...