Live Tour: The New Los Angeles Federal Courthouse
Join us for a close look of LA's new federal courthouse.
When: Thursday, November 12, 2pm EST
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from AIAU Live Events. On the day of the event, you can access the tour from the confirmation email or by signing into AIAU, and selecting the session from your My Courses list.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill provides a tour of the new United States Courthouse in downtown Los Angeles. The 10-story, 633,000-square-foot facility houses the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 24 courtrooms, 32 judicial chambers, U.S. Marshals Service, and trial preparation space for the U.S. Attorneys’ Office and the Federal Public Defender. Located on a prominent block in downtown Los Angeles, the courthouse’s design has a strong civic presence rooted in classic principles, yet driven by environmental performance. Targeted to achieve a LEED® Platinum certification, the building employs the following sustainable strategies: daylighting, structural optimization, reduction of incident solar radiation, energy saving mechanical systems, lightings, fixtures and plug load controls, and wood products sourced regionally and/or from FSC. The tour will discuss optimizing building system design and energy conservation measures in order to meet performance requirements.
- Identify the GSA's sustainable design policies and focus regarding Energy Use Intensity (EUI) goals.
- List the advantages of an interdisciplinary approach to design-build projects and achieving prescribed goals.
- Discuss the impact of optimizing building system design and energy conservation measures in order to meet prescribed performance requirements.
- Explain the importance of building tuning and occupant behavior in order to meet a high level of energy efficiency.
In partnership with
Design Partner | SOMPaul Danna is a Design Partner in SOM’s Los Angeles office, where he leads architecture, interior...
Design Director | SOMJosé Luis Palacios is Design Director for SOM’s Los Angeles office. With over three decades of...
AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Associate Director and Technical Design Leader | SOMSteve Zimmerman is an Associate Director and Technical Design Leader in SOM’s Los Angeles office,...