Live Tour: Santa Monica City Hall East
Join us for an in-depth look into a municipal building project in Santa Monica.
When: Thursday, November 12, 4pm EST
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from AIAU Live Events. On the day of the event, you can access the tour from the confirmation email or by signing into AIAU, and selecting the session from your My Courses list.
Join Frederick Fisher, AIA, and Joseph Coriaty, FAIA, of Frederick Fisher and Partners for a look at Santa Monica City Hall East, the first municipal building of its size and density to achieve Living Building Challenge certification as a net zero water and net zero energy building. SMCHE sets a global example that reflects the community’s commitment to sustainability. Everything about it maximizes efficiency and decreases visual presence. Join us to discover how the design/build team worked together to design and build the process and building itself.
- Discover how to figure out what the “best fit” of sustainability is for your organization/institution.
- Learn how the various teams (FF&P+ Hathaway Dinwiddie+Buro Happold+JAMA+KPFF+AHBE+etc.) on the project.
- Learn what it means to go through a process on the “cutting edge” of sustainable design and technology.
- Discover what know today that we didn’t know in 2014 that is a valuable “lesson learned” to the next team designing similar projects.
In partnership with
Contents: Live session, evaluation