Leading Edge Sustainable Stadium Design
Learn sustainable arena design practices that are scalable to virtually any project.
As both sustainability and efficiency advance in the built environment, architects, specifiers, and buyers alike increasingly select products that are both environmentally friendly and can achieve project performance and client welfare goals. When it comes to sustainable arena design, another factor must be considered: fan experience.
From the stage of Gilette Stadium, this session delivers an expert panel discussion of sustainable design considerations with a focus on sports arenas. Essential to this conversation is how green technology can contribute to cost-savings and the overall fan experience. Speakers include project representatives from the only LEED platinum-certified sports arena in the country, Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, and a managing partner of Ecoimpact Consulting, a leading sustainability firm out of the nation’s capital.
- Define the concept of sustainable stadium design and gain an understanding of this unique project type and associated building performance and fan experience objectives
- Explain best practices and current and future trends in sustainable stadium design
- Apply practical knowledge gained from industry professional insights on the design and operation of two different leading US sports venues
- Describe how sustainable stadium design and operations can promote improved occupant experience, community engagement, and human welfare
- Determine the benefits realized by facilities that have adopted green restroom design and the use of water-saving products and high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryers and integrated sink systems
|This free AIAU course is brought to you through a partnership with Excel Dryer. By registering for this course, you grant AIAU permission to share your name and email address with Excel Dryer. [Updated 02/02/2020, 11:20AM, EST]|
AIA, LEED AP, WELL AP
Managing Principal, HOKHOK is a sustainable design leader for the Sports + Recreation + Entertainment practice. As...
General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta Falcons/AMB Sports & Entertainment GroupScott is a pioneer in the green building movement in sports and was an inaugural member of the...
LEED AP ID+C, O+M, GGP
Managing Partner, Ecoimpact ConsultingEcoimpact is a leading sustainability firm out of the nation’s capital. Summer has managed the...
Chief Operating Officer, New England Patriots and Gillette StadiumGillette Stadium is home of the 5-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and the New England...
Contents: Video, quiz, evaluation
Passing Score: 80% on quiz