Live Course: The COVID Practice
Date: November 11, 1:00pm EST
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
Understand the ramifications of the “COVID Practice” with four architects from around the country discussing their practice in light of the current worldwide pandemic.
Architectural Practices during the current global pandemic have had much to cope with. Health concerns and social distancing have restructured the way architects are practicing. Staff is now working remotely, limiting the way offices can work collaboratively as well as how younger staff can be mentored effectively. Zoom calls have become the new means of communication with clients and staff while onsite construction administration has required masks and careful coordination to keep contractors, subcontractors, clients, and architects safe on a jobsite. To understand the ramifications of the “Covid Practice”, four architects from around the country will be asked to discuss their practice in light of the current worldwide pandemic. Each will be asked to comment on ways their offices have had to adapt to the pandemic and how these changes have influenced the way they practice architecture. A live panel discussion will follow the presentations bringing the voices of a diverse group of architects with various size practices together to try to make sense of this new world we live in.
- Learn methods of working remotely with clients during the different phases of project design and construction.
- Learn methods of working remotely with staff during the construction document phase and the construction administration phase of a project.
- Learn methods of designing and marketing when collaborative processes must be remote.
- Learn the effects of the global pandemic on architects practicing in different parts of the country with different size firms.
FAIALuis Jauregui, FAIA, is founder and President of Jauregui Architecture, Construction, Interiors, a...
PartnerAlice Kimm is a partner of John Friedman Alice Kimm Architects (JFAK) in LosAngeles. JFAK designs...
PrincipalJoy joined Wheeler Kearns Architects in 1998 and became a principal in 2006. She received a...
AIA, NOMAHeather Philip O’Neal, AIA, NOMA, is