Live Course: DesignBuildBLUFF
Date: December 16, 1:00pm EDT
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
DesignBuildBLUFF is a graduate architecture program at the University of Utah focused on immersing students in hands-on cross-cultural experiences. We work in partnership with the Rural and Native communities of San Juan County in the Utah Four Corners.
This session will focus on COVID-19’s impact on practice, sustainability, and equity and how we have addressed these issues through our sweat equity design-build projects.
- Learn about the region’s largest social problems, the impact of COVID-19, and how the ﬁeld of architecture can be part of the solution.
- Examine the signiﬁcance of hands-on learning education to strengthen their own architectural practice.
- Explore the concept of sweat equity as a tool for homeowner empowerment and capacity building. The concept of “sweat equity” is one in which the client uses their own labor, rather than cash, as a form of contribution in the building process.
- Learn how to build affordable, sustainable, and culturally appropriate housing through a participatory design process, ﬂexible housing prototype, and construction methods.
Instructor | DesignBuildBLUFF, The University of UtahBorn in Nagoya, Japan, she studied architecture and received her Master of Architecture from the...
Contents: Live course, evaluation
Expiration: One year after purchase
Passing Score: N/A