Live Course: A Holistic Approach to Windows in Sustainable Design
Date: November 18, 3:00pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
One key to making progress on the sustainability of our building infrastructure is to consider all materials and products. This presentation addresses the role of windows in sustainable design and covers how buildings use energy and how efficient windows properly integrated into the design can improve building performance and indoor environmental quality. We’ll take a holistic approach to sustainability beyond the end product and look at factors such as lifecycle impacts of manufacturing and embodied carbon. We’ll also explore occupant well-being in terms of indoor air quality, biophilia etc., and understand how windows contribute to some of the top green building programs, such as LEED and WELL.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Andersen Windows. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Andersen Windows.
- Evaluating window performance based on a number of factors
- Comparing and evaluating the importance of material sourcing and manufacturing practices
- Considering occupant well-being in window selection
- Understanding the importance of window contributions in green building programs
Architect | Anderson WindowsAfter receiving his BS in Physics from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Dan Grubish...
Corporate Sustainability Manager | Anderson CorporationJon Smieja has a BS in Chemistry from the University of St. Thomas and an MS and PhD in Inorganic...
Contents: Live course, evaluation
Passing Score: N/A