Live Course: The Pandemic + Pedagogy: Urbanism in the time of COVID-19
Date: October 21, 12:00pm EDT
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
This session highlights perspectives from leading academics about how our interactions with the world shape health, well-being and behaviors.
At the intersection of public health and urban design lie complex questions of how we educate the next generation of design thinkers and doers to impact public health in productive ways. The promise of new technologies, distance learning, and increasingly stressed social norms are radically altering pre-existing models of habitation, work, and recreation. All institutions are imperfect, but how do we build communities back better with relevance during a point where knowledge and disciplinary expertise are increasingly under public scrutiny? This panel explores and reflects on what (we) learners and educators face and advocate for moving forward.
Hosted by Regional and Urban Design Committee(RUDC)
- Understand how campuses and urban areas are changing in the context of resiliency.
- Demonstrate strategies for navigating distance learning models and hybrid academic settings for design education.
- Identify strategies for ways in which practitioners and academia can play a leadership role in advocating for health policy.
- Identify strategies for ways in which urban design professionals can collaborate with academic programs to investigate how the urban environment shapes public health.
Executive DirectorKim Irwin is the Executive Director of Health by Design, which works at the intersection of the...
FounderNathan Ogle is the founder of 12CHC|Design Management, an Architectural, Real Estate, Contracts,...
Professor of ArchitectureRichard Plunz is considered one of the world’s leading authorities on housing and urban development...
Director, Center for Design & Health, DeShong Professor of Design & HealthDr. Jenny Roe, of the School of Architecture, University of Virginia, is an applied psychologist...
Capital Program Manager, County of Alameda, California General Services AgencyRona G. Rothenberg, FAIA, has led major capital programs in government and industry for the past 29...