Live Course: TEOP for Architects: Energy Efficiency in Tenant Spaces
Date Tuesday, December 8, 4pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
Architects have an essential role to play in ensuring the tenant fitouts they design are as sustainable and energy efficient as possible. Industry research indicates that client demand continues to drive growth in high-performance, energy-efficient buildings and spaces, while state and local policies are also beginning to require more efficient buildings.
As half of all commercial buildings nationwide are leased, they present significant opportunities to embed sustainability into existing buildings. Because the efficiency of a leased space begins with design, architects hold the power to create higher-performing spaces and help transform the building sector.
This webinar will walk you through the Urban Land Institute’s Tenant Energy Optimization Program (TEOP) and introduce the new TEOP for Architects resource, created in collaboration between ULI and the AIA. Featuring leading architects in high-performance design, speakers will cover how architects can use the TEOP process to ensure they are:
- harnessing the energy-conservation potential of existing buildings,
- saving clients money, and
- advancing and remaining at the forefront of sustainable design.
The Tenant Energy Optimization Program (TEOP) is a proven replicable approach that integrates energy efficiency into tenant space design and construction while delivering excellent financial returns. It has been utilized by numerous tenants, including companies such as Bloomberg, LinkedIn, Estée Lauder, Cushman & Wakefield, and Shutterstock, to help them meet energy-reduction goals, achieve payback in three to five years, and reach average annual internal rates of return of 25%. Visit the ULI Tenant Energy Optimization Program website at TenantEnergy.ULI.org for technical resource guides, how-to documents, case studies, and other training materials.
- Explain the TEOP approach and how architects are uniquely positioned to plug into each step of the process to improve the energy efficiency and performance of leased spaces
- Analyze strategies to harness the energy conservation potential of existing buildings, save clients money, and advance sustainable design excellence.
- Understand the role and importance of energy modeling in the creation of high-performance leased spaces.
- Apply lessons learned and best practices from various case studies to overcome common roadblocks in designing a sustainable space.
Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP
Director of Sustainable Design | HOK“We do not rely on clients to tell us to design a high-performance building. We are going to do it...
CEM, LEED AP O+M, BOMI-HP
Vice President of Sustainability and Social Responsibility | JamestownBecca Rushin is the Vice President of Sustainability and Social Responsibility at Jamestown. She...
FAIA, LEED AP
Principal / Co-Director of Design Resilience | GenslerRives Taylor has more than 30 years’ experience in institutional and commercial architecture with...
Contents: Live course, evaluation
Passing Score: N/A