Micro-Hospitals: Healthcare for the Community
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 | 2pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
As healthcare systems are looking for innovative ways to bring hospital services to rural communities and neighborhoods, healthcare architecture is challenged to include all the requirements of a licensed 24/7 hospital within a footprint that is a fraction of a traditional hospital while simultaneously designing a community-friendly building that still reflects the healthcare system’s branding.
This course will present case studies of four micro-hospitals – each having its own unique solution while staying true to the micro-hospital model.
Hosted by the Academy of Architecture for Health AIA Knowledge Community.
- Explore micro-hospital definition regarding services, HC system integration and location in provision of health care services not otherwise available.
- Understand Micro hospital’s staffing model as integral for operational success in achieving efficiencies while providing best possible patient safety and comfort.
- Avoid pitfalls of large hospital mindset leading to cost prohibitive delivery of care.
- Review the different model realizations of micro hospitals and the potential of micro-hospital as anchor to medical office building to provide enhanced services to the covered population.
AIA, CDT, EDAC
Senior Project Manager | eppstein uhen architectsArchitecture makes a difference in people’s lives and it’s exciting to be a part of that process....
Architect/ConsultantGregg graduated Magna Cum Laude from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with a Bachelor of Architecture...