Models of the Framework: At the Intersection of Sustainability and Beauty
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 | 1pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process
- Session access | You can access all your courses 24/7 by selecting My Courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Both COTE® award and the Architecture Awards programs celebrate exemplary models of contemporary architecture which highlight parameters of AIA’s Framework for Design Excellence. From the extensive list of projects, one can discern those that define the intersection between sustainable principles and design achievement, including within them a unique sense of place, use of materials, and other more formal qualities that exist within a well-defined environmental approach. Through exploring three projects, learn innovations of sustainable design integration and come away with a greater understanding of the built environment’s role in communities. Hosted by Committee on Design (COD).
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Investigate approaches that blend and translate sustainable goals into projects of design excellence.
- Be inspired by projects that are a vehicle for connectivity and equity in communities and educational environments.
- Learn approaches to the technical challenges of cost, constructability, and sustainability for sustainable models of design excellence.
- Explore the ways in which architecture can improve health and well-being through built works in the public realm.
Craig BrandtFAIA, AFAAR, LEED BD+C
Principal | Craig Brandt ArchitectureCraig Brandt is an architect and educator based in Chicago and Chair of Programs for the AIA...
Partner | Miller Hull PartnershipBrian is a partner in his firm’s Seattle studio, Miller Hull Partnership. He has devoted much of...
Robin Z. PuttockAIA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP
Senior Lecturer | The University of Maryland School of Architecture, Planning, Preservation + DevelopmentRobin is a licensed architect in Maryland and Virginia and has been practicing for over twenty...
Principal | LEVER ArchitectureChandra is a Principal at LEVER Architecture, a Portland, Oregon based design practice recognized...
Partner | Lake Flato ArchitectsMatt Wallace is a partner, and co-leader of the firm’s Eco-Conservation studio, which fulfills his...