Monolithic Acoustical Drywall Ceilings
Thursday, May 18, 2023 | 3pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
This program will explore the evolution of drywall ceilings, acoustical ceilings, and innovation in monolithic acoustical drywall ceiling systems. It includes an introduction to the history of gypsum plaster, the invention of the gypsum wallboard panel, and modern gypsum panel technology. The standards used to gauge performance of ceilings will be discussed. A review of where and when and how to specify monolithic acoustical drywall ceilings.
- Learn how to specify ceilings types that balance acoustical performance and aesthetics within a range of budgets.
- Teach the design community to utilize their learning of acoustical ceiling standards to compare various ceiling types and determine what ceiling type is best suited for each project area.
- Define the importance of acoustical performance for ceilings and familiarize the design community with the standards used to measure performance.
- Explain how modern monolithic acoustical drywall ceilings are the optimal integration of drywall suspension ceiling systems and traditional grid and tile acoustical ceiling systems.
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with USG. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with USG.
Patricia DeMuytAssoc. AIA
Architectural Sales Manager | USG EnsemblePatricia DeMuyt is a member of USG’s Architectural Sales Team in New York. Patricia’s career has...