Optimizing the Architect and Contractor Relationship
Date Thursday, January 21, 2pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
- You must attend live to receive AIA CE credit for this course.
The working relationship between the design firm and contractor is critical to the success of every building project. Both parties play a key role in realizing the owner’s intent, budget and schedule for the project, so shouldn’t everyone have exactly the same vision and desired outcomes? Not quite!
While architects and contractors both work for the same client, the nature of the relationship can vary dramatically depending on the contractual agreements set in place. This leads to different expectations, philosophies and liabilities from project to project. In this session, hear from industry subject-matter-experts who understand the complexities of the architect / contractor relationship. They will share their insights for defining, optimizing and executing a successful working relationship with key project stakeholders.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Deltek. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Deltek.
- Define pre-construction project stages and milestones as it relates to tracking progress and documentation
- Optimize non-visual project information to limit RFIs and change orders, minimize rework and avoid delays
- Understand benchmarks and examples of successful architect and contractor relationships
- Implement best practices for working strategically and collaboratively with owners, manufacturers, consultants and more
VP/GMJohn has been a leader at Deltek + ComputerEase and their 6,000+ customer base for over 20 years....
Vice PresidentArdell has over 35 years in the construction industry, with 30 years at Harmon. Many of these...
AIA, CCS, CCCA, CSI, LEED AP
Sr. Specifications WriterMelody is a Senior Specifications Writer for AIA MasterSpec® at Deltek, covering Divisions 3, 4 and...