Protecting Your Color Vision: How Color & Product Details Assure Your Signature Style
In Protecting Your Color Vision, the key ingredients in paint will be discussed to provide valuable information on what differentiates one paint product from the next, and the benefits of using paints that are produced with advanced technology and premium ingredients. These benefits are illustrated through real-life examples and a case study that demonstrates why choosing premium paint over conventional paint will impact projects in several ways. Likewise, the importance of writing detailed paint schedules is discussed to protect your projects and bring your vision to life in the way it was intended. Finally, we will cover the influences that led to the development of the Color Trends 2022 palette and the Color of the Year with a focus on creativity and individuality expressed through color.
- Understand the four main ingredients in paint and explain the benefits of high-quality pigments and resins.
- Recognize the limitations of color matching due to the differences in ingredients and color prescriptions and how this impacts the appearance of paint applied to a substrate.
- Provide examples that illustrate the relationship between material costs and labor costs, and the impact of specifying premium products.
- Distinguish between a detailed paint schedule and a paint schedule that leaves room for interpretation and substitutions.
- Understand the concepts that influenced the development of the Color Trends 2022 palette.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Benjamin Moore. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Bemjamin Moore.
Architectural & Design Representative | Benjamin MooreAllison Berry is an Architecture & Design Representative for Benjamin Moore & Company, a...