Redefining Kitchen Design While Improving Health and Wellness
Date Thursday, January 28, 3pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process. But before you check out, add this event to your calendar >
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
The global pandemic has drastically altered what it means to work, socialize, and even prepare a meal. People who barely knew how to turn on their oven started experimenting in the kitchen; others, accustomed to dining out, found themselves food prepping for weeks at a time; and many families, partners, or roommates are once again gathering together at meal times. Among these impacts, the pandemic has changed the way we live at home, including how we utilize kitchens, home offices, and technology. This course will explore the evolution of the kitchen and the impact of COVID-19, how to leverage kitchen design to improve wellness, and how appliances in the kitchen and home office are playing a role.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Sub-Zero. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Sub-Zero.
- Examine how the kitchen has evolved from a utilitarian to a social space and how recent COVID-19 events may further this evolution.
- Explore the idea of a wellness kitchen and how kitchen design can improve wellness and nutrition.
- Discover how kitchen appliances, both large and small, optimize food preservation, minimize stress in the kitchen, and help people stay connected.
- Analyze how working from home will affect future residential design, and how kitchen appliances can be incorporated into a home office.