Research for Practice: How to Increase Your Competitive Edge
Bolster your competitive edge and advance your leadership skills by applying research thinking to design projects.
Research-driven design is in demand, and savvy clients are increasingly interested in this informed approach. This constructive session shows you how to create evidence-based design solutions and prepare your firm to embrace this approach.
Learn to satisfy the demands of your client base as presenters discuss:
- Multidisciplinary approaches using multiple knowledge bases to achieve sustainability, resilience, and wellness
- How research transforms the process of design and problem-solving, as well as the rationale, benefits, and methods of incorporating this research
- Strategies and tools for gathering and sharing evidence-based design knowledge
Your clients are asking for research-driven design. Are you prepared to offer it?
- Understand the relationship of research to today’s practice of architecture, as well as to the design process.
- Learn how and when to integrate research into architectural practice.
- Explore how to present and discuss research with clients.
- Gain knowledge of architect-friendly research tools and databases.
This course is part of a series
FAIA, FACHA, EDAC
Professor of Architecture, Texas A&M UniversityKirk Hamilton is a Professor of Architecture at Texas A&M University where he teaches...
DrPH, FAIA, FACHA, LEED AP
Professor of Practice, Texas Tech University and TTU Health Sciences CenterDr. Ray Pentecost is a Professor of Practice in Architecture at Texas Tech University and in Public...
Contents: Video, quiz, evaluation
Expiration: One year after purchase
Passing Score: 80% on quiz