Research for Practice: How to Increase Your Competitive Edge
Bolster your competitive edge and advance your leadership skills by applying research thinking to design projects.
Research-driven design is in demand, and savvy clients are increasingly interested in this informed approach. This constructive session shows you how to create evidence-based design solutions and prepare your firm to embrace this approach.
Learn to satisfy the demands of your client base as presenters discuss:
- Multidisciplinary approaches using multiple knowledge bases to achieve sustainability, resilience, and wellness
- How research transforms the process of design and problem-solving, as well as the rationale, benefits, and methods of incorporating this research
- Strategies and tools for gathering and sharing evidence-based design knowledge
Your clients are asking for research-driven design. Are you prepared to offer it?
- Understand the relationship of research to today’s practice of architecture, as well as to the design process.
- Learn how and when to integrate research into architectural practice.
- Explore how to present and discuss research with clients.
- Gain knowledge of architect-friendly research tools and databases.
Contents Video, quiz, evaluation
Expiration One year after purchase
Passing Score 80% on quiz