The Resilience Factor: Commercial Interiors, Climate Change, and Occupant Wellbeing
Date: February 10, 1:00pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process.
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
Every project, no matter the scale and scope, has the ability to impact the health, safety and welfare of the occupant. Resilience is not just about new building construction; principles of resilient design can be applied to commercial interiors projects from the real estate search, through design, and continuing into turnover and operations. This session will introduce participants to resilience and its application to the interiors market, including how the current state of design, construction, and real estate can be impacted by a focus on responsible, adaptive design.
- Engage in a working definition of resilient design, and how crisis events can impact the commercial interiors market.
- Learn the differences between shocks and stressors, and how design may evolve based on the site specific risks a project can expect.
- Gain insight into the tools available to the designer to gather information on climatic risk, and how to apply that information to the project.
- Understand strategies for resilient design of interior spaces, learning how some may overlap with sustainability and wellbeing applications.