Rethinking Food Urbanism: Creating a More Nourishing, Equitable and Resilient Future
Thursday, September 29, 2022 | Noon ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Join us for a lively discussion on how urban food systems can change for the better, and how architecture and urban design respond to the challenge. Our food systems are facing challenges from post-pandemic supply chain issues, a changing climate and rising conflicts. This panel explores how architecture and urban design can redesign our foodscapes to prioritize nutritious food. Hosted by Regional and Urban Design Committee (RUDC).
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe how our food systems work, and the challenges facing our food systems today.
- Explore spatial forms, typologies and case studies of food production, distribution, and consumption to improve food urbanism in the city.
- Identify place-based interventions, policies and strategies to create inclusive, equitable, resilient and nutritious urban foodscape.
- Explore how we can redesign foodscapes to prioritize healthy nutritious foods and invite healthy food choices in our cities.
- Identify how urban food production and distribution practices can become more regenerative and sustainable by reducing waste, preserving natural resources, and reducing the carbon footprint.
CM | 1.5
Food Systems Consultant | Maria BT ConsultingMaria is a Food Systems expert working with foundations, nonprofits, and universities in their...
Assoc. AIA, AICP, WEDG
Founder, Place+Marwah Garib is an urban designer and planner. Her research and practice investigate climate...
Urban Designer | GehlCandelaria is an Urban Designer at Gehl where she oversees the design and management of people-...
FSAP, RLA, FAAR
Partner | Verzone Woods Architectes SàrlCraig Verzone is co-founder of Verzone Woods Architectes, a collaborative multi- disciplinary...
AIA, AICP, LEED AP
Senior Associate, GenslerSteve Wilson is the 2022 Chair of the Regional and Urban Design Committee (RUDC). The RUDC is...