Safety Assessment Program (SAP) Evaluator Training 2023 | December 6-7
Live | December 6-7, 2023 | 12:00-4:00pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Training program access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
- Evaluator Field Manuals | ATC 45 | ATC 20 | Participants are responsible for purchasing these texts from ATC. They are not included in the course cost.
Intended for licensed architects, engineers, or certified building inspectors, this training certifies attendees as Building Evaluators in the nationally recognized Safety Assessment Program (SAP).
The program is managed by Cal OES with cooperation from professional organizations, including AIA. It utilizes volunteers and mutual aid resources to provide professional engineers, architects and certified building inspectors to assist local governments in safety evaluation of their built environment in an aftermath of a disaster. SAP is the training standard of the AIA Disaster Assistance Program, which provides leadership, advocacy, and training to architects who are interested in volunteering their professional skills in times of crisis. This workshop will teach participants to conduct rapid damage assessments of structures affected by earthquakes, wind, and water. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to consistently and safely assess structures for habitability and will receive a nationally recognized Cal OES registration ID card from the state of California.
- Recognize the important role architects and associated building professionals play in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Accurately conduct a post-disaster rapid building assessment and complete appropriate damage assessment forms.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Applied Technology Council’s ATC 20 Post-earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings and ATC 45 Safety Evaluation of Buildings after Windstorms and Floods damage assessment procedures.
- Earn a Cal-OES registration ID card.
After successfully completing both days of the AIA’s SAP training, eligible individuals will need to fill out the Cal OES registration form in order to receive their California-issued registration ID card.
In order to earn AIA CE LUs for this course, participants must attend both live sessions and complete 38 question quiz. Purchase of this course is non-refundable.
December 6-7 not good for you? Check here for other dates this program will be offered.
Rose GrantAIA, CPCURose Grant, AIA, CPCU is an architectural consultant and immediate past-chair of the AIA’s Disaster...
Rachel MinneryFAIA, LEED AP
Risk and Resilience Manager | Amazon Web ServicesRachel Minnery, FAIA is an architect and currently Risk and Resilience Manager at Amazon Web...