Seeking a Mid-Career Change or New Path? Strategies from an AEC Recruiter
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 | 3 - 4:15pm EDT
To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Sign up today and get ready to launch or re-launch your career as you learn from the best!
Nancy Horne has successfully worked with the most talented architecture candidates and firms across the United States and gained valuable insights that will be yours. Nancy will get right into our topic, as she offers advice on working with a recruiter, answering difficult interview questions concisely, building your social and professional network, improving your interviewing skills (by gaining perspectives from the other side of the desk), and new opportunities for remote work and more. Nancy will also share how to:
- Be a candidate that stands out from the others
- Confidently explain a mid-career change or re-entry back into your chosen career
- Find your ideal position, even if it isn’t posted
- Become a candidate that principals and HR Directors want to hire NOW!
The pandemic has changed how we interact with each other AND it has changed how firms recruit, interview, onboard and more, so there is much to learn. Nancy leads the webinar with facilitator/career coach, Mia Scharphie, helping to illuminate the learning and help you take that next step in advancing your career. Sign up today.
- Learn what a recruiter looks for in job candidates in the architecture field and be able to apply that knowledge to your own job search.
- Discover how to confidently answer difficult questions about yourself, such as breaks in work or career changes, when applying for a job and/or during a job interview.
- See how to represent yourself as a three-dimensional professional with more to offer then what is on your resume and be the one firms and colleagues want to work with.
- How to build your social and professional network to promote your expertise, skills, and experience to demonstrate your value and benefit to a company.
This virtual series is brought to you by AIA's Women's Leadership Summit.