So You Want to Build a Climate-Minded Architectural Practice?
Tuesday, March 28, 2023 | 12pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
The built environment is witnessing the cascading impacts of climate change, from every person, project, and client. The architecture industry must look within, with immense opportunities to transform firm culture in response to present and future changing conditions. Our new resource, the AIA Climate Action Business Playbook, is for building an architectural practice that embraces climate change mitigation and adaptation. Individuals and firms can immediately apply the included recommendations and best practices to enhance their current policies and efforts around climate action within their practice. This session will inspire attendees to focus on behavior change, giving architects the tools to adopt more sustainable practice models.
- Evaluate the new AIA Climate Action Business Playbook and become familiar with strategies for transforming practice and integrating climate action in the design process.
- Assess how an approach centered on climate action might be adopted into your individual or firm’s design process.
- Identify areas in your own practice that can benefit from climate action goal setting, metrics, research, education, and innovation.
- Understand the 2030 Commitment and pledge to join and report.
Allison H. AndersonFAIA
Principal | unabridged Architecture PLLCAllison Anderson is recognized for civic projects which are carefully crafted and inherently...
Barbra BatshalomAssoc. AIA
Founder and President | Sustainable Performance InstituteBarbra Batshalom is founder and President of the Sustainable Performance Institute. She is an...
Heather Gayle HoldridgeAssoc. AIA, EIT, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainability Manager | Lake|Flato ArchitectsHeather is the Sustainability Director at Lake|Flato Architects, a firm that has gained national...
Embodied Carbon Lead | BrightworksAurora is the Embodied Carbon Lead in Brightworks’ office in New York, where she specializes in...
Varun KohliFAIA, LEED AP
AVP, Real Property, Planning & Design | Battery Park City AuthorityIn his current role at Battery Park City Authority, Varun leads strategic design and planning...
Daniel StineAIA, IES, CSI, CDT
Director of Design Technology | Lake|Flato ArchitectsDan Stine is the Director of Design Technology and leads Investigations (an internal research...