Live Course: Stuff it or Wrap It: Understanding Advanced Wall Designs with Continuous Insulation
Date: December 10 , 3:00pm ET
- To register, click "Add to Cart," then complete the checkout process.
- On the day of the event, log in, click My AIAU, and select My Courses to locate the live course.
- Add to calendar > You must attend live to earn credit for this course.
This session explores evolving trends in building enclosure technology and subsequent changes in energy-efficient building design, with special focus on the role of continuous exterior insulation (CI). The net energy savings realized in a properly insulated building are by now well understood, and these savings are increasingly required by stringent local building and energy codes. Speakers will present current building science research and field monitoring data to demonstrate how the effective R-value of various insulating materials performs and changes in differing regional climates, temperature ranges, and seasonal conditions. Strategies for designing and constructing highly insulated and cost-effective wall assemblies while still minimizing thermal bridging also will be discussed.
This free live course is brought to you through a partnership with Rockwool. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Rockwool.
- Consider how recent changes in building and energy codes can and should influence your design strategy for producing whole-building energy efficiency.
- Understand how proper material selection and good design for wall assemblies is critical for ensuring reliable long-term energy-efficient performance.
- Learn how newer cladding attachment systems are being utilized in the construction of highly insulated wall assemblies and how to apply these technologies to your projects.
- Gain a better understanding of how these systems are being installed in the field and the minimal changes to current construction practices.
Contents: Video, evaluation