Sustainable Futures | Feel & Function: Urban Transformations Panel
PANELS is the fifth series year of AIA RUDC conversations on the Future of Urban Design Practice and Education. This series brings together practitioners, educators, and theorists to reflect on the dynamics of population influences and speculate on its impact to contemporary urbanism and smart cities.
Join the AIA Regional & Urban Design Committee for a series of relevant conversations at the intersection of livable cities connecting regions through lifestyle resilience. How we live, work, play and learn is changing to a drumbeat of increased connection & separation through evolving cultural awareness. Possibly at no other time in modern history has choice been more important than present day. Can cities thrive in turbulent times? Our panel will discuss the questions and opportunities of choice for our resilient cities and inclusive urban design challenges.
Hosted by Regional and Urban Design Committee (RUDC).
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand emerging design quality expectations across scales in governance and design codes
- Explore how resiliency in population movements are prioritized on a national level with funding, phasing, and financing sources
- Recognize the value of infrastructure development in our daily lives and our livable cities.
- Learn best practices for implementing resilience strategies into the business of design
- Discover the value of collaboration and vision of policy and legislative planning measures
- Identify the challenges of state and national implementation of large-scale urban transformation projects
This session was recorded live on November 15, 2022.
CM | 1.0
Professor of Planning and Urban Design | The Bartlett, University College LondonMatthew Carmona is Professor of Planning and Urban Design at The Bartlett, University College...
Founder | 12CHC|Design ManagementNathan Ogle is the founder of 12CHC|Design Management, an Architectural, Real Estate, Contracts,...
Michelle D. ToddAIA
Principal and Owner | M. Todd Architect, LLCShe is a notable female, African American architect, licensed in New York State and certified as a...
Acting Global Director | WRI Ross Center for Sustainable CitiesRogier van den Berg is Acting Global Director for WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities focusing...