Unpacking the World’s Greenest Lab: Performance vs. Predictions
Learn how to narrow the gap between building design and actual performance.
What does the world’s greenest lab look like? This eco-focused course features a virtual tour of the Venter Institute, which was built in 2013 as a fully carbon-neutral facility. Panelists compare the original design goals to its actual performance.
Key topics include:
- A full carbon study, including embodied carbon associated with construction materials and operational carbon associated with water and energy use
- Projected and actual costs, including design, operations, and construction
- Energy- and water-use predictions and practices
You’ll come away with a greater knowledge of how to manage the cost and measure the performance of sustainable structures.
- Explain carbon analysis development, including both operational and embodied carbon.
- Discuss some of the most effective and practical engineering design approaches to net zero water and energy.
- Examine how to manage cost during the design process.
- Demonstrate how to build a Life Cycle Cost Analysis.
Contents Video, quiz, evaluation
Expiration One year after purchase
Passing Score 80% on quiz