WAV-T: The Path to a Proper Building Envelope
This course explores the effects that Water, Air, Vapor, and Thermal bridging have on the building envelope so that you will leave with the right tools to start implementing WAV-T strategies.
The building envelope contains the secrets to obtaining net-zero, LEED certification, or sustainability, and to meeting your energy models. In this course, we'll explore the effects of Water, Air, Vapor, and Thermal bridging on the building envelope.
At this highly interactive session, you'll also learn how to:
• Recognize areas of concern within your building envelope that require your attention.
• Implement potential strategies for a successful WAV-T compliant building envelope.
• Identify the various materials that address water, air, vapor, and thermal conductivity within exterior building envelopes.
You'll leave the course with the right tools to start integrating WAV-T strategies into your projects immediately.
- Understand the concept behind WAV-T and how it affects the project’s building envelope.
- Recognize areas of concern within building envelope sections and details, and how to implement WAV-T strategies to improve performance.
- Describe the materials currently available for addressing water, air, vapor, and thermal conductivity in the building envelope.
- Explain how implementing WAV-T strategies can prevent future designs from being leaky.