Working Across Housing Typologies
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 | 1pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Architects, whether working with a private client on a custom, single family residence or with developers on multi-family projects, face many similar challenges. The costs of land, labor and materials overlaid with regulations does not often pencil out, resulting in a lack of mid-priced and mid-scaled housing. However, more and more architects are striving to create a variety of housing opportunities including multi-family, workforce development and missing middle housing to complement their portfolios of affordable and market rate-housing.
Join us for this session to learn about innovative models of practice and projects that are diversifying the housing market, what single-family and multi-family housing can learn from each other, and how firms are structuring their practices to tackle an array of housing typologies and mission-driven work.
Hosted by CRAN®.
Can't make it live? This course will be available on-demand after the live session.
- Learn how architecture firms are structuring their practices to tackle some of our cities most pressing challenges by engaging in projects that address affordability, quality of life, sustainability, and health.
- Discuss the transferrable lessons single-family and multi-family housing can learn from each other to address sustainability, client needs and the design process.
- Review takeaways from several projects that reflect how architects can have innovative partnerships with their clients, community and developers to elevate the health and welfare of residents.
- Discover how robust design processes are creating housing that is durable, environmentally sensitive, comfortable and attractive for any budget.
This course is part of a series
Senior Project Manager, Hester StreetKristen is an architect and community collaborator with experience working in community development...
Founder, Neiman TaberDavid Neiman founded the practice in 2000, specializing in single family and multi-family housing...
Design Principal, Salazar ArchitectsAlex oversees firm management and design and has decades of experience leading multifamily...
Principal, Kaplan Thompson ArchitectsJesse is an award-winning architect who as become a national leader in green design and building...