Working Across Housing Typologies
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 | 1pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
Architects, whether working with a private client on a custom, single family residence or with developers on multi-family projects, face many similar challenges. The costs of land, labor and materials overlaid with regulations does not often pencil out, resulting in a lack of mid-priced and mid-scaled housing. However, more and more architects are striving to create a variety of housing opportunities including multi-family, workforce development and missing middle housing to complement their portfolios of affordable and market rate-housing.
Join us for this session to learn about innovative models of practice and projects that are diversifying the housing market, what single-family and multi-family housing can learn from each other, and how firms are structuring their practices to tackle an array of housing typologies and mission-driven work.
Hosted by CRAN®.
Can't make it live? This course will be available on-demand after the live session.
- Learn how architecture firms are structuring their practices to tackle some of our cities most pressing challenges by engaging in projects that address affordability, quality of life, sustainability, and health.
- Discuss the transferrable lessons single-family and multi-family housing can learn from each other to address sustainability, client needs and the design process.
- Review takeaways from several projects that reflect how architects can have innovative partnerships with their clients, community and developers to elevate the health and welfare of residents.
- Discover how robust design processes are creating housing that is durable, environmentally sensitive, comfortable and attractive for any budget.
This course is part of a series