Is Your School Building Healthy? The Science Behind Your Next Renovation
Join Dr. Joseph G. Allen on this informative webinar to explore the research behind the need for healthy school facilities. You’ll learn about the current state of the US school infrastructure and dive deep into the multiple facets contributing to indoor environmental quality (IEQ). Learn about air quality and ventilation, the impact of thermal comfort, noise, and lighting on student health and learning. Finally, review healthy material options and the future needs of your school facilities.
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the nine foundational elements of a healthy school building, including lighting, noise, thermal comfort, etc.
- Explore the science behind the need for excellent air quality and ventilation within buildings
- Examine the effects of noise (acoustics) and lighting on student performance
- Review the importance of healthy building materials with low VOCs and no red-list chemicals
- Consider how student health contributions to their comprehension and performance which is directly effected by their physical surrounding
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with Armstrong World Industries.. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Armstrong World Industries.
Associate Professor of Exposure Assessment Science | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public HealthDr. Joseph Allen is an associate professor at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the...
Armstrong World Industries | Manager of Codes & StandardsSince 2001, Sean Browne has worked in the Armstrong Research and Development group. Currently he...