Our society is undergoing a profound transformation. By mid-century, an estimated two-thirds of our global population – 6 billion people - will live in cities. Global population growth and urbanization are putting enormous stress on our civilization, fueling a host of cascading crises from climate change to housing, health to inequality. Despite the unprecedented challenges facing us, cities are uniquely positioned to serve as the hub of a global strategy to address our current crises. This series will focus on a number of key themes facing the future of our cities, offering provocative ideas about how we conceptualize our collective future and the role of design leadership in achieving global goals. Hosted by Communities by Design (CxD), a program of the Architects Foundation.
This series is intended for civic leaders, architects, and other design professionals looking to make a difference in their community.
Package deal: 25% off if you purchase all 6 courses in the series. Discount will be applied at checkout.
Join us live!
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 2pm ET | Technology & the Future City
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 2pm ET | Decarbonization for Cities
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 2pm ET | Public Process Leadership in an Age of Distrust
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 2pm ET | The 15-Minute City: Sustainable Urbanism in the Future City
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 2pm ET | Introduction to Design Assistance Teams
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 2pm ET | Building the Equitable City: Lessons Learned in Anti-Displacement and Equitable Development